Although the vast majority of our patients experience significant and satisfactory improvement in their vision after a single treatment, there may be cases where patients may benefit from re-treatment, or otherwise known as an enhancement. It is our goal to help you attain the best vision possible.
Patients, who have had laser vision correction performed by our surgeons Dr. Stephen Gee or Dr. William Wong, Jr., are eligible for this program. It is highly unlikely that you will require an enhancement. However, this is difficult if not impossible to predict; so you can be reassured in knowing that you are automatically enrolled into our one-year FREE enhancement policy once you have undergone a primary procedure at Pan Pacific Laser, Inc.
Be aware your surgeon will only approve that you undergo an enhancement if it is deemed to be safe and beneficial. Some patients may not be qualified for an enhancement procedure due to:
- Cornea that is too thin to undergo further surgery;
- Loss, deterioration, or change of vision due to a medical condition or ocular diseases, such as diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma, or keratoconus;
- A change in the refractive error due to a cataract or cataract surgery following Laser Vision Correction;
- Seeking to correct Presbyopia, which occurs as part of the natural aging process and cannot be reversed through Laser Vision Correction;
- If you have experienced a deterioration of vision due to irregular astigmatism (keratoconus);
- Unacceptable curvature of the cornea, thereby compromising their vision, if they were to proceed with additional treatment;
- Have already obtained such good visual results (20/30 or better) that the benefits of additional treatment would be minimal or possible worsen present acuity;
- Patients who fail to comply with post-operative guidelines; and Patients who fail to return for recommended examinations at Pan Pacific Laser, Inc. or its affiliated co-managing eye specialists for all required post-operative visits in the first after surgery.
If you notice changes in your vision after the first year, have your regular eye doctor perform a comprehensive eye examination. If no ocular condition(s) has been determined to be the cause of your visual changes, then you may contact Pan Pacific Laser, Inc. for an enhancement evaluation.
If an enhancement is required after one year, Pan Pacific Laser, Inc. has the right to charge up to 25% per eye of the current, retail procedure fee. Enhancements are not an obligation of the surgeon or your co-managing eye doctor. It is the entity of Pan Pacific Laser, Inc.’s obligation to its primary patients.
If you have additional questions regarding this policy, please feel free to ask a staff member for clarification at any time.